17 gen 2015

Tom Waits - Warm beer cold women



Warm beer and cold women, no I just don't fit in
Every joint I stumbled into tonight that's just how it's been
All these double knit strangers with gin and vermouth
And recycled stories in the Naugahyde booths

With the platinum blonds, tobacco brunettes
I'll be drinkin' to forget you, I'll lite another cigarette
And the band's playin' something by Tammy Wynette
And the drinks are on me tonight

All my conversations now I'll just be talkin' about you baby
Borin' some sailor as I try to get through
I just want him to listen now, I said that's all you have to do
He said, "I'm better off without you" until I showed him my tattoo

And now the moon's rising ain't got no time to lose
Time to get down to drinking tell the band to play the blues
Drinks are on me, I'll buy another round
At the last ditch attempt saloon

Warm beer, cold women, I just don't fit in
Every joint I stumbled into tonight that's just how it's been
All these double knit strangers with gin and Vermouth
Receeding hairlines in the Naugahyde booths

With the platinum blonds, tobacco brunettes
I'll just be drinking to forget you baby, I'll lite menthol cigarette
And the band's playing somethin' by Johnnie Barnett
And the last ditch too soon

Nessun commento: