26 lug 2009

Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash


Quando il blues racconta vite maledette, quando una canzone è un romanzo, una storia, anni in poche righe. Johnny Cash The Man in Black è un libro da leggere per tutti.

I hear the train a comin'
It's rollin' 'round the bend,
And I ain't seen the sunshine,
Since, I don't know when,
I'm stuck in Folsom Prison,
And time keeps draggin' on,
But that train keeps a-rollin',
On down to San Antone.

When I was just a baby,
My Mama told me, "Son,
Always be a good boy,
Don't ever play with guns,"
But I shot a man in Reno,
Just to watch him die,
When I hear that whistle blowin',
I hang my head and cry.

I bet there's rich folks eatin',
In a fancy dining car,
They're probably drinkin' coffee,
And smokin' big cigars,
But I know I had it comin',
I know I can't be free,
But those people keep a-movin',
And that's what tortures me.

Well, if they freed me from this prison,
If that railroad train was mine,
I bet I'd move out over a little,
Farther down the line,
Far from Folsom Prison,
That's where I want to stay,
And I'd let that lonesome whistle,
Blow my Blues away.


3 commenti:

Leandro Giovannini ha detto...

Ciao, sembra che mi hai letto nel pensiero, anch'io 24 ore fa ho postato la stessa canzone.
Mi fa piacere non essere solo nel culto di Johnny Cash.
Passa a trovarmi.
www.callofthewest.blogspot.com

Andrea De Luca ha detto...

grandiosa canzone

Maurizio Pratelli ha detto...

Enorme! sentita mille volte